International health news
- EU rules denying children life-saving medicine – Experts are calling for current rules to be changed to allow more cancer drugs to be tested on children.
- Health and fitness habits influence us for 18 years – Your nutrition and fitness habits now can affect your health for up to 20 years.
- Flu vaccine reduces complications – Aside from preventing flu altogether, people who get their flu shot are ‘far less likely to end up in intensive care’, says a new study.
- Why you should be eating Brussels sprouts – In season now, this notoriously unpopular vegetable is a great source of vitamin K, and properly cooked are delicious.
- Australia: Facing an obesity crisis – While obesity rates in the USA have begun to level off, the numbers in Australia continue to rise.
- Belgium: Child euthanasia legalised – The first country to legalise euthanasia for terminally ill children with no age limit.
- Afghanistan: First polio case since 2001 – Health officials are carrying out a vaccination campaign as a 3-year-old in Kabul is diagnosed with polio.