International health news
- Wildfire health threats – The lingering health impacts of a wildfire are often overlooked, with climate change meaning more fires, what does it mean for future health?
- 10 diseases to watch out for abroad – Whether you’re moving abroad or just visiting, take a look at this map to see which infectious diseases you could be exposed to.
- Linguistic diversity boosts babies’ social development – Being exposed to different languages, not just at home, but in the community, can help babies social learning.
- Walking or cycling to work gives “wellness boost” – A study from the UK says active commuters felt better able to concentrate and less stressed during the day.
- Think yourself well – Celebrating Positive Thinking Day on September 13 here are five ways to use positive thinking to influence your health and life.
Country health updates
- Israel: Suspended between life and death – It’s illegal to turn off patients’ ventilators in Israel so many spend years in special wards being cared for in unconscious states.
- USA: HIV positive man ordered to stop spreading the disease – A Seattle court has ordered the man to stop infecting others after he gave HIV to 8 people in 4 years.
- Colombia: Chikungunya found for the first time – 4 cases have been identified in Colombia for the first time since an outbreak began in the Caribbean in December.