International health news
- Three major threats to global health – Emerging diseases, drug resistant TB, and bio-weapons have been identified as major threats to global health.
- Americans enjoy an extra two years of healthy living – A study has shown Americans are living longer and healthier than a generation ago.
- Internet vital for health in developing countries? – Experts discuss how better technology in developing countries will improve the quality and access to healthcare.
- Managing allergies away from home — As many head off to university for the first time this month, students must learn to manage their food allergies alone.
Country health alerts
- Pakistan: A secret alcohol problem — Alcoholism and associated diseases are increasing in this officially “dry” Muslim country.
- USA: Translating Obamacare for immigrants – Information about the health reforms will need to be translated into minority languages in some regions say authorities.
- Greece: Health workers warn against further cuts – Further cuts to the already stretched health sector could cause irreparable damage warn medical workers.