International health news
- “Push hard, push fast” CPR training – One minute CPR training showing people how to use only their hands could save lives, says American Heart Association.
- Doctors speak out from storm-hit Philippines – UK doctors helping with the relief effort are worried about disease outbreaks due to the destruction.
- Biggest mistake doctors make – “Diagnostic error is probably the biggest patient-safety issue we face in health care…” So how can it be prevented?
- Rise of DIY health tests – You can test for all sorts of illnesses at home with DIY testing kits, this author tries several, including one for bowel cancer.
- Top calorie-burning chores – Ten housework activities that can help you burn calories, from mowing the lawn, to painting and babysitting,
Country health alerts
- Germany: Compensation for faulty implants – A German company has been ordered to compensate hundreds of women affected by the defective breast implants.
- UK: Warning against antibiotic overuse – Green phlegm and runny noses don’t mean patients need antibiotics say public health experts.
- USA: Statins for third of adults – New guidelines recommend cholesterol lowering statins for a third of American adults who meet the criteria.