International health news
- Global consensus on death needed – Doctors call for an international agreement on how and when death is diagnosed to prevent mistakes being made.
- Take tamoxifen for 10 years, not 5 – Breast cancer sufferers who take tamoxifen for 10 years instead of five half their risk of dying from the disease.
- Major tooth decay in 35% of the world – As many as 3.9 billion people are affected by oral health problems, over half the world’s total population.
- Czech Republic: First naturally conceived quintuplets – A woman has given birth to 5 babies, 4 boys and a girl were born by caesarean section.
- UK: Cheese is from plants – A study has highlighted a lack of knowledge about food, 1 in 10 children think tomatoes grow underground.
- Italy: First case of coronavirus – Italy has announced its first case of novel coronavirus in a man who has recently returned from Jordan.