International health news
- Sexual transmission of the Zika virus is more common than assumed – The World Health Organization has advised pregnant women to stay away from areas with ongoing Zika outbreaks.
- The first uterus transplant attempted in the U.S. has failed – The 26-year-old woman who received the transplant suffered a sudden complication.
- The rate of accidental pregnancies is the lowest it has been in 30 years – Recent analysis found a large decline in unintended pregnancies.
- More benefits to dancing than you may think – Dance classes can improve your fitness and overall health.
- Tough bouts of exercise more effective in curbing appetite – Shorter sessions of intense exercise might help you shed weight.
- How to get a partner to stop smoking – Studies show that nagging a partner will not help them to quit.
Country health updates
- Americans increasingly stressed out – Study finds higher levels of stress for Americans.
- First cases of Zika-linked birth defects in Colombia – Three babies born with brain abnormalities tested positive for Zika virus.
- ‘Period Policy’ being introduced in first UK company – Women allowed to take time off during menstrual cycle.