International health news
- Personality disorders treated inappropriately by psychiatrists – behaviour therapy is considered time-consuming resulting in the over-prescription of drugs.
- A horrifying reminder of what life without vaccines was really like – while the world is in the midst of a vaccination debate, read what it was like to live without vaccines.
- Teen scientist Olivier Cloutier finds cancer-killing molecules in chia seeds – young teen discovers medicinal value of chia seeds.
- Runner’s 101 – a beginner’s guide – summer is the perfect time to put on your running shoes and get fit.
Country Health Updates
- USA: Mental health sufferers treated as criminals – A shocking number of mentally ill Americans end up in prison instead of receiving treatment.
- Japan: Are they consuming too much salt? – Despite their apparent healthy diet, the Japanese consume 13 grams of salt per day.
- Spain: Thousands in Spain rally against healthcare cuts – the protesters are demanding that the government restores the country’s national healthcare system.