International health news
- Commercial Zika test will be available in a few weeks – the World Health Organization says this would dramatically improve researchers capability to track the spread of the disease.
- First organ transplant from HIV positive donors approved – a hospital in the United Kingdom will be the first hospital to give HIV positive patients organs from HIV positive donors.
- Wearing hearing aids could help prevent dementia – physician Frank Lin estimates that around 36% of dementia risks are connected with hearing impairments.
- What healthy people do during their lunch break – spice up your lunch break, steal ideas from six health and fitness experts.
- Lose weight, even when you’re crazy busy – trying to lose weight while also juggling work, relationships and other obligations can be hard, here are some tips to make it work.
Country health updates
- United Kingdom: more attention needed for mental health issues – mental health in the UK needs more focus, after research showed unnecessary deaths caused by underfunded and deficient care.
- China: first signs of the Zika virus – a Chinese man who recently traveled to South-America is the first to be diagnosed with the Zika virus.
- United States: new rules concerning abortion in Florida – potential new regulations could make the state ‘the next Texas’.
Image: [Sean Dempsey]