International health news
- Sharing feelings online good for you? – With more people sharing intimate thoughts on blogs and social sites, scientists explore the emotional benefits.
- WHO urges local investment in health — Countries are encouraged to invest in local research to develop universal healthcare tailored to each country’s needs.
- China to improve Africa aid – China has laid out plans to improve and expand the medical aid it gives to Africa, treating more patients and sending better health workers.
- Health tips for picnics — How to store food for a picnic in hot weather and other advice on cooking and heating up food outdoors.
Country health alerts
- UK: Court ordered sterilisation — In a landmark ruling, doctors will sterilise a man with learning difficulties who already has a son for his “own best interests”.
- China: The human cost of health corruption – The high prices of medication in China mean many people spend all their savings on treatment.
- Myanmar: Tallest man goes abroad for treatment – At 233 cm (7ft 8) Win Zaw Oo’s recent fame has meant he can afford to travel to Singapore for treatment.