International health news
- Teenagers using marijuana reportedly more likely to develop schizophrenia – This new information has emerged thanks to a study by the American National Institute on Drug Abuse.
- Latin America at risk: the Zika virus could be the cause of severe birth defects – The United States Government has issued a warning towards all American who are planning to travel to South America.
- Frenchman given cannabis-based test drug died – The man, along with four other patients, suffered severe brain damages caused by the drug.
- 11 ways to prevent a heart attack – From dental health to a healthy consumption of spices, here is what you need to know.
- Belly fat is among the greatest causes of heart attacks – Cutting down on sugar and carbs is key.
Country health updates
- Italian women’s fight for their right to abort – Although abortion is legal in + Italy, the huge number of conscientious objectors makes it practically almost impossible for women to exert their right.
- National Health System (NHS) about to impose a “sugar tax” on British hospitals – Simon Stevens, the chief executive of NHS England, has declared it “will improve the country’s health.
[Image by CC BY 2.0]