International health news
- Do microwaves cause a loss of food nutrients? – Research tells us some nutrients may actually benefit from quick heating.
- Older people tend to be happier – People become more trusting as they age, which increases happiness over time.
- The risks of long-term air pollution exposure – Air pollution may impact brain structures and cognitive functions.
- Should I buy prescription drugs over the internet? – The use of most websites means gambling with your health.
- Dealing with infertility – A better understanding of the impact of infertility on your life can help to make better decisions.
Country Health Updates
- UK: People can now buy HIV self-test kits – A new, legally approved kit allows people to get a result at home within 15 minutes.
- USA: Heavy drinking is on the rise – Research shows an increase in the US of 17 percent compared to 2005.
- Nepal: The WHO is providing emergency health kits – These should meet the immediate health needs of people affected by the recent earthquake.