International health news
- What diseases can your pet give you? – After two people caught TB from their pet cat this week, take a look at what else your furry friend can pass on.
- Smoking ban impacts pregnancy – Premature births decreased by 10% within a year of permanent smoking bans being introduced, says international study.
- Autism rates soar 30% in 2 years – Estimates say 1 in 68 children has autism spectrum disorder in the U.S., compared with 1 in 88 in 2012.
- Kellogg’s introducing more low-sugar options – With consumers increasingly turning away from high-sugar cereals, Kellogg’s is busy developing new, low-sugar options.
- Syria: Polio outbreak a threat to whole region – Over 100 children are now infected in a country where polio was eradicated in 1999.
- UK: Mothers over 50 double – Experts warn of the health risks to mother and baby as the number of women over 50 giving birth doubles in 4 years.
- Liberia: Ebola spreads from Guinea – Senegal has closed its border with Guinea as Ebola spreads into Liberia, killing two sisters who recently visited Guinea.
Image: watchpuppy by konzepta (sxc.hu)