International health news
- Could depression be caused by bacteria? – a new study on mice reveals that gut bacteria could be the cause behind anxiety and depression.
- Prostate cancer is spreading quickly – scientists have identified five types of prostate cancer that affect 41,700 men in the UK alone, each year.
- Forcing food on your children could make them fussy eaters – when tastebuds develop and children start refusing food, follow these simple steps to avoid picky adults in the future.
Country health updates
- South Korea: Mers finally under control – after 186 infections and 36 deaths, South Korea’s prime minister officially declares that Mers is no longer a threat to the country.
- UK: Possible hope from diabetes pill to prevent Parkinson’s – research in the UK has led scientists to believe that there is a glimmer of hope in a diabetes pill that could help in the search for a cure or treatment for Parkinson’s.
- USA: Two boys treated with second and third degree sunburns – after spending hours in a water park without sun protection, these two boys were treated with severe sunburns.
[Image source: Pixabay]