International health news
- Indigenous cultures do not suffer from back pain – have the western world forgotten how to stand properly?
- The truth behind the suicide statistic for older teen girls – Suicides rates in Southeast Asia are 5 times higher than in Europe or the Americas.
- WHO call for action against illicit tobacco trade – Eliminating the illicit trade would generate US$ 31 billion to improve public health and help cut crime.
- Eating placenta does not benefit health – A practice that has become more popular in recent years may have no scientific backing at all.
Country health updates
- Republic of Korea: outbreak of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus – Largest reported outbreak outside Saudi Arabia since 2012.
- France: Court backs decision to take coma patient off life support – The European Court of Human Rights has backed France’s decision to allow a man, in a seven year long coma, to be taken off life support.
- USA: ‘Female Viagra’ nearing FDA approval – A ‘life changing’ drug for women with low sexual desire is nearing approval after a number of experts have pushed for its use.