International health news
- Ebola drug clinical trials to start – clinical trials to find cure for Ebola will kick off next month in West Africa.
- Dementia study questions revealed – B12 and folic acid supplements do not help reduce the risk of developing dementia.
- Smart phone gadget boosts breast milk banks – A clever gadget when connected to a smart phone can help pasteurise breast milk in rural South Africa.
- 7 ways to prevent prostate cancer – Lifestyle choices to follow to help lower the chances of developing the disease.
- Rethink your “helpful advice” to mental health sufferers – Cartoons which put cases of mental health into perspective.
Country health updates
- India: Botched sterilisation process kills 11 women – Further shocking statistics show that more than 50 women are in hospital as a result of a botched job by state-run sterilisation camps.
- Portugal: An outbreak of Leggionaires’ disease causes 5 deaths – caught by inhaling infected water, WHO states this as a “major public health emergency”.
- USA: Idaho launches own Obamacare exchange – the state is using $35 million in federal money promising easier shopping experience for customers.