International health news
- Refugees ‘struggle for cancer care’ – Infectious diseases and malnutrition are often the focus of refugee health work, but cancer care is in high demand too.
- Antibiotic resistance needs ‘global response’ – Antibiotic-resistant bugs have now spread to every country, the threat should be considered on a par with climate change.
- Immune children to help with malaria research – A group of children in Tanzania who are naturally immune to malaria are helping scientists develop a new vaccine.
- Sleep better, together – Tips on how couples sharing a bed can both have a good night’s sleep, cheaper than buying a new matress, and friendlier than separate rooms!
Country health updates
- Scotland: Kids among least active in the world – Scottish children do the least physical activity and spend the most time in front of a screen, says new research.
- Qatar: Thousands of expat health professionals needed – The first-of-its-kind hospital for women and children opens in Doha next year, and will employ 5,000 people.
- USA: Counterfeit medicines seized – The FDA has detained 19,000 packets of counterfeit drugs and helped shut down thousands of websites involved in their sale.