International health news
- Happy marriage = healthy heart? – A happy marriage, or relationship could lower your risk of heart disease say scientists promoting the benefits of positive experiences.
- Sperm donor quality, not age, important – Studies now claim the effectiveness of fertility treatment using a sperm donor is dependent on the quality of sperm, not age.
- Exercise doesn’t stop effects of sitting down all day – Sedentary behaviour increases the risk of lung, endometrial, and colon cancers, and exercise won’t help.
- Get rid of your stress with this 25 minute exercise – 25 minutes or half an hour of effective mindfulness meditation can help reduce stress and tension say experts.
Country health updates
- Brazil: Polio virus discovered in sewage – WHO has discovered polio virus in sewage in Campinas, host to Portugal and Nigeria during the world cup.
- Saudi Arabia: Expat health testing centres close – 12 centres carrying out health checks for visas and residency permits have closed due to poor standards.
- UK: Sperm shortage sees more foreign donors – Shortages mean more sperm being imported from abroad, with Denmark and the USA being the most popular countries.