International health news
- Expats warned to have the right health insurance – Abu Dhabi is just one of the places which will turn you away for not having the necessary health insurance.
- Narrowing global health gap – Under 5s mortality has fallen from 12 million dying in 1990 to less than 7 million in 2011.
- Depressed middle aged women stroke risk – Women in their 40s and 50s with depression have double the risk of having a stroke than women who aren’t depressed.
- Golden rules of sun protection – Summer holidays are coming up, so here are the top things not to forget when enjoying the sun.
- Vitamin D can help asthma sufferers – Soaking up the sun helps the body produce vitamin D, which could also be used to treat asthma symptoms.
- Pakistan: Facing an international travel ban – Pakistan’s failure to control a measles outbreak with over 25,000 cases could mean a travel ban.
- USA: 1 in 5 kids has a mental health disorder – As many as 1 in 5 under 17 year olds has an identifiable mental disorder says a new report.
- Africa: 30 countries at risk of yellow fever – Half of Kenya classified as high risk, with a total of 30 countries at various risk levels.