International health news
- Growth of global immunisation – How three major vaccines are stopping disease worldwide, and which countries have the best vaccination rates.
- Global health crisis you’ve never heard of – Severe burns are a leading cause of mortality in developing countries and need more attention and funding says one NGO.
- Music at the gym helps you work-out – Gym users who listened to music which matched their exercise speed felt the strain of their work-out less than those who listened to ambient music.
Country health alerts
- Syria: Polio outbreak fears – Experts fear polio may have returned to the war-torn country after 14 years without a verified case of the disease.
- Switzerland: Fake pill haul discovered – Fake batches of the anti-anxiety pill, Xanax, have been discovered in crates en route to Egypt from China.
- Ireland: More money for mental health – The €15 million dropped from the mental healthcare budget for 2014 will be available in 2015 say ministers.