International health news
- Schizophrenia risk double in city dwellers – Living in a city linked to anxiety and stress disorders, and can double the risk of developing schizophrenia.
- Bacteria getting the upper hand – As pharma companies neglect research into new antibiotics experts warn bacteria could soon be resistant to available treatment.
- White noise machines bad for babies’ hearing – Noise machines used to sooth babies may be capable of making sounds loud enough to damage hearing.
- How to stay healthy in cities – Overcrowded commutes, air pollution, and stress can all make you unhealthy, read this advice on how to beat city illnesses.
- China: Needs to tackle smoking deaths – China must be tougher on its giant tobacco industry to combat the 1 million smoking-related deaths per year.
- USA: British expat gives birth on the street – A UK woman living in New York was trying to hail a taxi to hospital when her baby arrived suddenly.
- UK: 3-parent embryos debated – DNA from three people, a man and two women, could be used to create embryos and prevent genetic diseases being passed on.