International health news
- Best countries to be a mother, or a baby – Mother’s Index rates countries on criteria including maternal health and infant mortality. The US and UK didn’t make the top 20.
- Modern life causing dementia earlier – Scientists say electronics, chemicals, mobile phones and PCs are to blame for a sharp rise in dementia related deaths of under-74s.
- Slimming clubs better than dieting alone – A study shows people who go to a dieting club lose 5 times more than those who do it alone.
- Sun benefits outweigh cancer risk – Scientists now say, while sunlight can be bad for your skin, it benefits the rest of the body. So get outside!
- Bangladesh: Factory collapse in Dhaka – A woman was pulled alive from the rubble of the collapsed factory 17 days after the disaster.
- UAE: Cocoon sleeping pods for flyers – Those on an extended stopover can take advantage of 10 new GoSleep pods for around €9 per hour in Abu Dhabi.
- France: Two cases of coronavirus – Two men are in hospital with the novel coronavirus, in a case of human to human transmission say authorities.