International health news
- New drug to prevent headaches – The American Headache Society is currently testing a new medicine in order to prevent migraines even before they happen.
- Drug overdoses are the leading cause of deaths in the US – Nowadays more people die from accidental deaths due to overdoses than road accidents, with 44,000 people killed in 2013.
- Crowd funding, a new way to finance cancer care – Since cancer tends to have the highest cost in terms of medical care, more and more people are seeking help from crowd funding.
- Children with ADHD need to fidget – Movement and fidgeting in the classroom may be distracting but studies suggests it helps ADHD sufferers to concentrate and boosts their cognitive performance.
- Children set up for early heart diseases – By consuming too much salt and sugar, the younger generation are at a greater risk of suffering from heart disease later in life.
- A protective patch against peanuts? – Scientists have just been testing a skin patch which offers protection against peanut allergies.
Country Health Updates
- North Korea: Relief for Korean people facing another MERS outbreak – A pharmaceutical company have announced a cure for Middle East Respiratory Syndrome.
- India: Yoga as a cultural and traditional treasure – Promoting peace and harmony, India celebrates International Yoga Day this month.
- Cameroon: The consumption of soda has increased by 123% in 5 years – Soda consumption is higher among countries with less access to clean water.