International health news
- World’s best selling soft drink less safe than tap water – Buying bottled water damages our environment and studies suggest that there are no health benefits compared with tap water, and even that tap water could be safer.
- Cancer-reducing drugs fight tumours – New drugs give a “powerful punch” to Melanoma, the deadliest forms of cancer.
- Alligators & frogs: an alternative to antibiotics – As our bodies become more resistant to antibiotics, scientists turn to peptide-producing reptiles for solutions.
- Over consumption of coffee: unhealthy trend – Drinking more than 5 espressos per day lead to higher the risk of panic attack, heart attacks and insomnia.
- What is the key to a longer life? Cutting down on proteins and increasing consumption of carbohydrates is thought to be beneficial for health.
Country Health Updates
- Italy: new perspective on food security – Changing mindset about food production and waste.
- Germany has world’s lowest birth rate – Meaning that the country, which has now dropped below Japan, could suffer damages to their economy.