International health news
- Melanoma Monday raises awareness for deadliest form of skin cancer – Since May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month, every year the first Monday in May is named as Melanoma Monday.
- Help victims of the Nepal earthquake – Details about different aid organizations which are responding to the Nepal earthquake.
- New health app allows doctors to post pics of patients’ medical conditions – Has the new Instagram for doctors been created?
- Dancing proves to be a good move for people with Parkinson’s disease – It has been proven that dancing reduces tremors and improves flexibility for those with this neurological condition.
- Is using a laptop or tablet bad for your child’s back? – Studies show that hunching over the electronic devices for long periods of times causes pain. But what to do when your child does not want to part from their laptop or tablet?
Country Health Updates
- France: Gay blood donor ban ‘may be justified’ – The debate over whether gay men should be allowed to donate blood.
- Sweden: Sweden bans supermarket paracetamol sales after overdose hike – The ban takes effect on November 1, 2015 according to the Swedish Medical Products Agency.
- UK: Instant self-test HIV kit on sale in Britain – BioSure HIV Self Test promises a result in 15 minutes with a 99.7% accuracy rate.