International health news
- Spreading happiness through the smell of sweat – Study suggests we can detect happiness through sweat.
- ‘Preventable rabies kills 160 people per day’ – Around 59,000 people die every year from a preventable disease.
- Transgender man leads ‘Men’s Health’ cover contest – Aydian Dowling could be the first transgender man on the cover of Men’s Health.
- How to prevent suffering from ‘tech neck’ – Avoid the modern medical condition caused by our constant use of technology.
Country Health Updates
- Kenya: Closing the gap on pneumonia with immunisation – Kenya Medical Research Institute have estimated a 42.7% reduction in pneumococcal disease episodes since the introduction of immunisations.
- USA: Dementia ‘halted in mice brains’ – Researchers in the USA may have found a drug to help prevent dementia.
- Australia: Tasmania’s health system underfunded by $500m – An independent analyst has stated that the state government spent almost $500 less per person compared to statistics from 2012-13.