International health news
- Sleeping cuts risk of diabetes – The new study claims that just extra 30-minute sleep can decrease the risk of diabetes.
- E-cigarette ads spur tobacco cravings – According to a study the unregulated e-cigarette advertisements can increase the urge to smoke cigarettes and other tobacco products.
- Women on the Pill three are times more likely to get Crohn’s disease – Doctors warn that taking the contraceptive Pill can triple the risk of Crohn’s disease, an incurable disease of the digestive system.
- Eat like you mean it – Listen to the experts and find out how to reach your natural healthy weight.
Country Health Updates
- UK: Privatising cancer care in Staffordshire detrimental to patients – Privatisation of NHS services in Staffordshire could lead to hospitals closing, poor care and a decrease in spending on treatments.
- China: air pollution still an issue – The poor air quality and high pollution have not improved in Beijing. The Government has not managed to satisfy the public demands and may be forced to resort to heavier punishments to cut the toxic smog.
- United States: a scoop of deadly ice cream? – After reports of 3 deaths in a Kansas hospital, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration began an investigation into the Blue Bell Creameries.