International health news
- Where NOT to fall ill abroad – International SOS published International Health Risk Map showing the standard of healthcare around the world – Greece, Japan, Iceland, the UK and US among best for medical treatment.
- Which country has the world’s best diet? The Lancet Global Health journal looked at the diets of almost 4.5 billion adults across 187 countries. Can you find your country?
- 15min Ebola test approved! It should allow patients to be identified, isolated and cared for as quickly as possible in an attempt to bring an end to the outbreak that has killed more than 9,300 people.
- 5 tips for a better understanding of your health insurance – find out the do’s and don’ts!
- How to train yourself to be a morning person – start your mornings right and your whole day will improve.
Country health updates
- Alaska is the new leader in well-being – Cold, dark, but apparently very very happy!
- Italy’s health minister:”We are a dying country.” The low birth rate, published by Italy’s national statistics office (ISTAT), meant that more Italians died last year than were born.
- AIDS – number one killer of adolescents in Africa 2nd globally – In South Africa in 2013, more than 860 girls became infected with HIV every week.
- US trying to help the planet by promoting low meat diet – A diet high in plants, fruits and grains has a lower environmental impact and it’s healthier!