International health news
- Cancer alert: more than lumps – A survey revealed that over half of older women did not know what other symptoms indicate cancer aside from lumps.
- Chlorine vs. Vaccination – A new study indicates that a new, inexpensive vaccine could be the answer to cholera which results in being easier than bringing chlorine to thousands of homes around the world.
- Ouch! Treating summer sunburns – While the damages of sunburns cannot be undone, according to experts, there are many natural solutions to speed up the healing process.
Country health updates
- UK: Should they rise tax on sugary drinks? – Dietary choices could tend towards healthier foods if tax was raised on foods that cause obesity and diabetes.
- USA: First measles death in over a decade – So far in 2015, 178 people have been infected with measles. The best protection is immunisation.
- Spain: Take caution against soaring temperatures – Authorities have issued health alerts due to extreme risks from the heat after temperatures have reached 40ºC.
[Image source: Pixabay]