International health news
- Jet lag cause discovered — Scientists think they have discovered the “molecular breaks” which prevent our body clocks from resetting when we fly.
- A century of growth – European men are 11cm taller than they were in 1870s with northern Europeans growing the most during the two World Wars.
- Broccoli protection against osteoarthritis — A broccoli compound, also in cabbage and Brussel sprouts, protects against a cartilage damaging enzyme.
- Cut diabetes risk with blueberries – Blueberries, apples and grapes linked to significant lower of type-2 diabetes risk.
Country health alerts
- Saudi Arabia: MERS virus claims another victim – The global number of infections from the MERS virus has reached 102, including the death of a 2-year old child.
- Spain: Wine helps with depression – Spanish study stresses drinking a little wine can help alleviate depression, but too much could be a sign of it.
- USA: Measles outbreak linked to church – Texas mega-church which holds anti-vaccination views has been linked to a measles outbreak which has affected 21 people.