International health news
- The World Health Organization’s critical challenge: healing itself – The World Health Organization needs to reform its authority on health and take stronger actions against diseases to increase progress.
- This NHS crisis is not economic; it’s political – Even though the NHS is emerging from the crisis of Mid-staff scandals, the amount of bankruptcy warnings keeps accumulating with no solution in sight.
- Coal is a global health risk and Saskatchewan should stop using it to generate electricity – Coal has been linked to several respiratory problems and contributes to climate change.
- Banish those midlife blues – the secret to happiness starts with one small step – Self-help books fail to show the steps to happiness which are the outdoors and have social interactions.
- How do I keep the doctor at bay? – Healthy tips concerning exercise, diets and customs to get and maintain a healthy body.
Country health updates
- Zika Outbreak Updates: Puerto Rico Declares State of Emergency – The latest Zika virus outbreak is in Puerto Rico with at least 22 infected.
- More health spending allocation improves service quality, efficiency: WB – Zimbabwe’s health spending continues to exceed expectations. However the persistence of contagious illnesses and other diseases are still a challenge to the policy-makers.
- Collaboration strives to improve rural healthcare – Lana Sample, administrator of the Ford County Health Department in Gibson City leads in a launch to improve chronic medical conditions and control healthcare costs in Illinois.