International health news
- Air pollution harmful to heart patients – International study reveals air pollution is harmful to those with weak hearts, even killing some.
- World Population Day 2013 – A spotlight on adolescent pregnancy, the risks and how safe family planning is being promoted.
- More evidence supporting 5-a-day – Swedish scientists have reported people who eat 5 servings of fruit or vegetables a day live 3 years longer than those who eat none.
- How to use international health insurance – Expats buy it, but how many know how to use it correctly? Find out your options in this blog post.
Country health alerts
- Brazil: Foreign doctors employed for the first time – 10,000 doctors, including expats, are to be hired to improve health care in poor areas.
- Saudi Arabia: Pilgrims given virus warning – Devotees making the pilgrimage to holy sites this month are being asked to wear face masks.
- UK: Plain cigarette packaging delayed – Plans to introduce plain tobacco packaging have been halted due to intense tobacco industry lobbying.