International health news
- The end in sight for HIV sufferers? – HIV treatment reaches 15 million worldwide, with an end to the epidemic hoped for by 2030.
- Lack of mental health care in poorer countries – Natural disasters result in a lack of mental health care in world’s poorest countries, with one care worker for every 100,000 people.
- Steps taken to beating mitochondrial disease – The technique used to create Dolly the Sheep, the first ever cloned animal, key to finding a cure for the debilitating disorder.
- More than just your teeth – How brushing can prevent heart disease, diabetes and even cancer.
Country health updates
- UK: Pay to be sick – Plans floated by Westminster for workers to pay into a fund to cover sick days.
- India: Remote health care – Doctors have started to provide health advice with the use of technology, such as over WhatsApp, Skype and Viber.